Jackson Monument Works was started in 1910 by Elmer C. St.John and was called Jackson Granite Co. Located on the corner of E. Michigan Ave and State Street until the late 1920’s. A new building was constructed on Francis Street and the name was changed to Jackson Monument Works.
Jackson Monument Works is now owned and operated by Elmer’s great-grandson, Chris St.John. Chris purchased the business from his Father, Elwood St.John when he retired in 2001 after 43 years in the business.
Jackson Monument Works then moved to its current location at 2830 Francis Street, which is across from the Woodland Cemetery Chapel.
The granite stones are shipped already cut and polished to shape, Jackson Monument Works adds design and the lettering to the customers specification.